Gel Stain can be applied to virtually any surface with no prep ( other than cleaning off the cobwebs!) to a surface that has been previously finished, scratched, painted etc. It’s a game changer!
- This product is a Brush On and NOT a wipe on or wipe back product.
- Use a natural bristle brush or a roller to apply.
- Dries to the touch in approximately 4 hours and can be re-coated at that time (always test for tackiness prior to re-coating, if still tacky wait another couple hours and re-assess)
- Has a thicker gel like consistency – each color varies. When stirred it becomes less viscous.
- Long open time and Self Leveling.
- Comes in Quart size only in 4 different colors.
- One Coat looks like a stain. Subsequent coats become more opaque, except for Patina which will remain transparent as it contains no pigment.
- Satin Finish.
- Laminate, Lacquered, previously painted or coated surfaces.
- Damaged or Scratched surfaces
- Almost a no prep product- just clean and remove any wax or grease. No sanding or deglossing required to apply this.
- Extremely durable. Excellent for Flooring and heavy use kitchen table tops etc.
- Works on Bare Wood surfaces for a beautiful satin finish.
CLEAN UP AND CURE TIME
- Gel Stain is Oil Based
- Mineral Spirits for clean up
- Dries to the touch in approximately 4 hours
- Cures in 5 Days